Job search techniques are the focus of workshops in March at the Tennessee Career Center, an American Job Center, in Talbott. The center also plans computer workshops.
Workshops are free to participants and funded by a partnership between the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development and Walters State Community College. The Tennessee Career Center at Talbott is located in the Alpha Square Shopping Center on West Andrew Johnson Highway. Classes planned this month are:
• Ex-Offender Job Readiness Workshop – March 11, 18 or 25, 10-11 a.m.
• Job Readiness (job search, resumes, cover letters, interviewing, applications) – March 19, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• Computer Literacy Electronic Note Management – March 18, 2-4 p.m.
• Computer Literacy Electronic Slide Presentation – March 19, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
• Computer Literacy Electronic Publishing – March 6 or March 20, 9 a.m.-noon
• Computer Literacy Electronic Spreadsheet – March 6 or March 20, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
• Electronic (Online) Employment Applications – March 7 or March 21, 9-11 a.m.
• Successfully Navigate Online Job Banks – March 7 or March 21, 1-4 p.m.
• Computer Literacy Mouse Practice – March 12 or March 26, 9-9:30 a.m.
• Computer Literacy Basics –March 12 or March 26, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• Computer Literacy E-mail Basics – March 13, 1:30-3 p.m.
• Computer Literacy Internet Basics – March 13, 3-4:30 p.m.
• Computer Literacy Electronic Business Project Management – March 14 or March 27, 9 a.m.-noon
• Computer Literacy, Electronic Database Management – March 14 or March 27, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
The center offers a resource lab with computers, printers and fax machines that job seekers can use at no charge.
Centers also provide information about the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development, the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Tennessee Technology Center, Adult Education Program, Walters State Community College and Workforce Investment are available at the center.
All services are free to anyone who is at least 18 years old.
Anyone may attend the workshops at no charge, but reservations are required. To make reservations or to learn more, please call the Tennessee Career Center at Talbott at (423) 317-1078.
The center will be closed on March 28.